Space for Rent. NO REALLY - OK. Not really. »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Update 12-10-08

I went to fly Percy this morning after an ice/snow storm passed Monday Night into Tuesday. Weather was picture perfect. Percy was a little heavy. He no sooner got into a tree when I flushed a rabbit right in front of him. Be bated and flew half-hearted to a better perch. I was able to bump another one just 25 yards later. He looked and leaned but didn't chase. He was 60+ grams heavier than Sunday so I knew I was taking a chance. I ended up calling him down to the lure and giving him his reward before putting him away to try again tomorrow. The weather window looks great for the next five days. Hopefully we can put another rabbit or two in the bag before I got back to work on Wednesday (I still have to work tomorrow, but depending on where Percy is - I may come in late).