Space for Rent. NO REALLY - OK. Not really. »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Very Sad Day

Yesterday I came home to a kestrel that had become acutely and obviously ill. I spent until 4 AM trying to get her back in shape. I don't know what happened. Our last training day Wednesday she was on top of her game. Same on Thursday. Yeah, there were distractions in the room but she didn't seem to have any problems. I am just at a loss. How can everything be going so good that I had plans to get her out in the field in just a couple days to this?

On the redtail side I took Percy out to a baseball diamond for creance training and got about 5 flights out of her. She was very distracted by everything going on. Plans for her are a lot more manning hours. I will update when I get a chance.

I am completely bummed about the kestrel. We all came to accept and look forward to seeing her everyday. This sucks!